Thursday, January 9, 2020

Multiple Projects

Sometimes work is more than sitting at the easel. Today I've fielded yet another art scam from a guy who claims to be living in Texas and says he wants to buy a painting for his upcoming anniversary (standard boilerplate scam text); taken the staples out of two sides of The Gauntlet; repainted the messed up green museum wall of The Villers; and gridded up a 16x16 for a new painting.

Got a shipment of panels yesterday as I was on my way out to the local gallery and completely forgot about them until this morning:

16" x 16" seems a good size for the painting I had in mind; had to buy 3 panels to get free shipping. Not sure what I'll do with the other two.

Here's the start of the new piece—

New Year's Eve, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I just really need to start something new and fresh and exciting.

Meanwhile, while at the gallery yesterday I noticed that the upper right-hand corner of The Gauntlet  looked like it needed to be tightened. That corner has always driven me crazy anyway, and sure enough, when I peeled back the canvas this morning, I discovered it was still off square. How disappointing. I really don't want to spend my time squaring up the corner again, but that's what needs to be done.

The Gauntlet, © 2019 (click on image for larger view)

 Regarding The Villers; the spots that I'd repainted looked fine until they dried, when it became apparent that I'd dipped my brush into the glaze medium when working on them. So the surface looked shiny in those spots. I tried sanding them back just a bit but of course that didn't work so I ended up repainting the whole area. Hopefully it'll be ready to varnish on Sunday. Maybe I'll get back to the spoons tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment