Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The End Of A Productive Day

Somehow I ended up putting in an entire day of painting, with few interruptions.

On the painting below, I reworked the grassy foreground. The blue on the porch is still too intense, so I'll have to knock that back next time around.

L'Auberge Provençale, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Next: After reviewing some alternate photos of this image, I realize I need to add some more flesh color under the water to indicate the legs. My primary goal is to intensify the lighter colored water in a ring shape around the boy, getting darker outside the ring. Some redrawing is necessary on the right side.
 
Coming Of Age In The Year 2018, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
And last, since I was working with blue pigments anyway, I went back to this personal piece and brushed in the sky on the left side.
 
Variations on a Theme 2a, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment