Friday, January 7, 2022

Another Painting From The Dustbin

 This painting has also been on the back burner for a while. I never seem to have enough sense to write down the color combinations I've used on it, so the next time I sit down there's confusion: Titanium White, plus...Ivory Black? Payne's Gray? Gris Froid? 

Today I was feeling virtuous for having gotten so many other pieces finished before the New Year, so I pulled this out from the stacks and spent a lot of time on the two labels, trying to carefully create a sense of form and shadow. The background needs to be lighter, though, and that's where the complications came in. So I'm leaving it alone for a couple of days.

                               In Case Of Emergency, © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)              
 

No comments:

Post a Comment