Here is a nicely stretched canvas. I've been working on it for about four weeks now, and it hasn't been easy to get it to this point: besides the size, which is a whopping 30"h x 46"w, there was a problem with the heavy duty stretcher strips. They would not hold a square. The corners were too loose, and every time I knocked them into place, the ones on the opposite side would shift.
After a great deal of frustration, I found a solution online: square up a corner and then staple a piece of heavy triangular cardboard to hold it in place. After that, I stretched the primed linen canvas as tightly as I could over the next two weeks, because it is a horrible job and I get easily frustrated. But today I finished the last two corners and now am excited about the prospect of starting another new piece.
I always have high hopes when beginning a new painting. I think it's going to be the best thing I've ever done. I think people are going to say wonderful things about it, and there will be a bidding war on it when it comes time to sell.
Then reality sets in. So, we shall see.
Post a Comment