Monday, September 19, 2022

AHA

 Once in a while, I'm working on a piece and I suddenly recognize what some element in the painting is really all about. In this case, I had been going along on Annuals and wondering why there was a faint cast shadow on the ground; suddenly I realized the pergola was not completely open to the sky, but had a scrim attached to part of it to block out the direct sunlight. And that was what was causing the shadow on the ground.

                                                                    Annuals, work in progress, (click on image for larger view)                 

So I adjusted the sky color to reflect that.

Next, I put in a very short amount of time on the sky below; no matter how much I'd done on it in the past, it still wasn't right. Let's see how it looks when it dries down. 

                                                                    The Pond In The Woods, work in progress, (click on image for larger view)                 

No comments:

Post a Comment