Thursday, January 11, 2024

A Trip To The Dentist Yields A New Color

 So I had to have a crown replaced and a cavity filled, and of course that means a lengthy visit to the dentist. Fortunately, mine is an expert and I felt so comfortable in her hands that I fell asleep during the drilling process. Afterward I went by the art supply store on the way home and decided to treat myself to a tube of Holbein, which was on sale. The color is called "Violet Gray" and it's a beautiful shade of periwinkle blue. I used it on Persephone today, both on the skin and on the blossoms, hoping it will add some atmosphere and pull those two areas together.

                                                  Persephone, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

And yes, I am still experimenting with the skin. It needs more contrast and I want dappled sunlight/shadows on the shoulders. The hair looks good, though.

                                                             Tamara (America Series), work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
 Moving on, I corrected the ruddiness on the face above and finally added the trimmings on her sweater.

Last but not least, I analyzed the crowd scene and tried to delineate a few figures.

                                                   Night For Day, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment