Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Trying To Save Money

 Art supplies are expensive, and I've had to fork out a bundle over the last few months. With that in mind, when it came time to renew my membership with NOAPS and to enter the Gallery Underground show, I had to bow out. Artomatic has cost me $150 to register; some would say that's a bargain for the amount of show time and I agree, but I hope a few things sell soon so I can replenish my bank account.

The decision to not enter the Gallery Underground show was a tough one; the painting below was conceived specifically for the upcoming show, and now I don't know what to do with it. But i was very unhappy about having to rush the work on it. I went back to it this morning and though I only spent a half hour, it looks much better to me now that I'm being more careful about the brush strokes.

                                                Night For Day, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment