Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Back From The Dustbin

 Since I need finished work for four upcoming shows, I've had to dig into the archives of 3/4 finished pieces. The two below are fine works; I just have to carry them over to the finish line.

 This first one has been waiting for a long time for me to develop some basic understanding of flesh tones. I've improved somewhat over the years. The photo makes the brush strokes look scratchier than they are, and I have to work on three faces on the left.

                                                        The Chair, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

This next one is huge, but I was able to get a lot done on it yesterday. I am excited about working on the hands next session. Note the reference pieces in the upper right hand corner.
 

                                           I Don't Know How You Do It, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment