Monday, January 29, 2024

Bits And Pieces

Late yesterday I put in some time on this; my original intent was to use flat brushes and get a more expressionist feel, but it turns out I don't have a clue about how to do that and end up with a piece of art that looks good. So I just did the best I could, and experimented in one or two places with some tube colors that are meant for portraiture. 

                                                    Sunset #1, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

It turns out the colors in the water are much deeper, much more intense, than the saturated ones in the sky.
 

I also added some color to the skaters in places here and there, and brushed up the scuffs in the ice:

                                                   Winter Skaters #5, work in progress (click on image for larger view)


No comments:

Post a Comment