Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A Fresh Start

So, this guy whose video I watched yesterday used a very limited palette, and yet he created the most beautiful landscape. Of course, he lives in New Zealand, so you don't have to go very far to see some spectacular scenery there. His name is Andrew Tischler, and if you want to check out his video, here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frGJEjKff7Y

Anyway, I thought it worth a try, so I put together a similar palette and last night toned the little canvas I planned to use. Here's where things stand today:

Homes On The Hill, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Now, I have a friend who likes her paintings to go fast. She says she doesn't want to spend more than half a day on them. What kind of results does she get? Well, they're lovely landscapes, with a very romantic soul. I'm going to try a few more of these, though I don't have the confident brushstrokes that either of those two do, and I have to learn to use flat brushes and less mineral spirits. But it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment