Monday, October 16, 2017

Starting That Nasty Little Pattern On The Tunic

Ah, yes. It's time to wrap things up on this commissioned piece, though I suspect it'll take me another week. I keep finding places that are just not right: the hard edge on the cast shadows, for example. Anyway, I took a deep breath and plunged into the pattern on the tunic this morning, as well as finishing up some of the skin tones and places on the green part of the landscape.

Equilibrium, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

The pattern is tricky; I have to keep it looking regular. I'm sure I didn't paint every single row of dots— it probably should have more rows— but there's a point where you have to decide to either to go ahead with it or wipe it all off and start over. I'm not sure that I would get any better results if I started over. I'm taking a break from it now— still have to finish the right side of the tunic, but I might wait for a few other adjacent places to dry first.

No comments:

Post a Comment