Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Redrawing Necessary

I don't know how I get so far off track sometimes. The rightmost chair should have a sinuous, elegant curve at the top like the rest of the chairs; instead, I have been painting it to look more squared-off. So I started reworking it last night. Of course, now it's a mess; because I'd also made it too tall, I cut the size down, and now I think it's too short. Some drying time will be necessary before I can fix the problems.

Counterpoint, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Also— the woman at the far left needs to be more in shadow.

Here, I've come to the conclusion that the lamps on the wall closest to the viewer also need to be redrawn. The reference photo is pretty bad, and there's just a burned-out area where the lamps are on the wall. If I increase the dark values in Photoshop, I can see that the lamp nearest the viewer overlaps the one on the left, it doesn't sit next to it. But that means repainting the wall color, and that's going to take some doing.

A Quiet Evening In Cambridge 2, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)





No comments:

Post a Comment