Thursday, October 26, 2017

Back To The America Series

I did get to work on Caitlyn and Anne yesterday before running out the door; put in a fair amount of time on Mehri's patterned scarf this morning. There's more to do, of course, but these three will be done soon. I've been so consumed by the commissioned piece, Equilibrium, that I've ignored a lot of other pieces.

Mehri, © 2017, (America series) work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Anne, © 2017, (America series) work in progress (click on image for larger view)

After sanding off the built-up layers of greyish skin tones on Anne's cheeks, I have some repair work to do around the eyes. But this looks much better. And tonight I'd like to get back to the tiniest areas of the patterns on Caitlyn's dress:

Caitlyn, © 2017, (America series) work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I evened out some of Caitlyn's skin tones but now am wondering if they need more contrast, especially on the upper chest and where the light hits on her arm (the one on the right side of the image).

Meanwhile, I've got three more Americans penciled in and ready to start! 



No comments:

Post a Comment