Monday, May 8, 2017

A Possible Reprieve

Feeling totally out of sorts today; still half asleep, and it's noon. And there wasn't any partying over the weekend, either. Feeling overwhelmed by the amount of painting I still have to do, though my gallery director called on Saturday to say that we might have to push the show dates off a couple of weeks. There are some areas on Coffee With Andi that I can't make any sense of, and the thought of doing the window details on the shops across the street depresses me.

Coffee With Andi, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

A week ago I forgot to pick up J.P. Licks from the Bethesda show! First time I've ever forgotten to pick up a piece. Luckily, the folks at the Maryland Federation of Art are tolerant, but they did need to take it out to the Circle Gallery in Annapolis, which is where we had to go on Saturday to retrieve it. We have good friends in Annapolis, though, so we met them for lunch and then visited The Green Phoenix 2, where I have a bunch of ocean and cityscapes. So all in all it was a pleasant afternoon despite some rain.

On Sunday morning, we headed out for Artomatic, signed in, and took the show down. A couple of other artist guys stopped by to say hello and tell me how much they liked my work, which was very nice. Nearly all of my couple of hundred business cards were gone; there were about ten of them left in the box. This is great because I want to order some new ones. The buyer for Endangered Species came by and happily took the piece away in her Mini Cooper, saying she promised it was going to a good home, which also makes me happy.

So, goodbye to a piece that I spent 3 years (off and on) working on:

Endangered Species, © 2016 (click on image for larger view)

Sunday afternoon I was feeling relaxed enough to go and get a long overdue haircut and do a little shopping. So many of the paintings were in various stages of drying that it seemed okay to take a break, especially with a possible reprieve on the show dates.

Also this morning I finished that 6th panel on Whole Foods. All that's left is a little cleanup here and there and making sure the bicycles are done.

Whole Foods, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Time now for a nap, then I might get back to a few of the smaller paintings upstairs.





No comments:

Post a Comment