Friday, May 5, 2017

Just Not Into The Booze Today

This painting might not make it into the show. I've been struggling with it for a couple of years now, and I still don't feel like it's going in the right direction. The bartender doesn't look real to me; I think that's a problem with the lighting, and frankly, it's time to buy a decent camera so I have more accurate reference. Anyway, this morning I started in on the bottles at upper left, but I just ran out of steam.

Bartending, Mt. Washington, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

And while listening to a travelogue about Naples and Pompeii, I worked on this:

Fashion Forward, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

That right side requires a lot of time and effort. It's tricky. The reflections change value as well as color as they move across the picture plane, and they merge and blend together in some spots, requiring glazing. So the under layer has to be dry or the glaze layer will just meld into it. 

Tonight I'm going to work on a couple of smaller pieces, and try to do some organizing for the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment