Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Coming Down The Home Stretch

Well, Saturday is the big event. I dropped off 3 more paintings today, but still have 2 more to finish, and it looks like Le Diplomate is not going to make the cut. Nearly done:

He Knew Better Than To Keep Her Waiting, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Having changed the angle of the dominant leg, I also had to adjust the shadows on the skin. I added some highlights to the hat and tightened up some of the wine bottles, too. This just needs a bit of tweaking and a nice protective layer of varnish.

Tending Bar, Mt. Washington, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

The labels on the right have worked pretty well but I see a couple of areas that either need highlighting or darkening. And I think the mixing cup and martini glasses need reflections on the bar counter.


No comments:

Post a Comment