Thursday, August 9, 2018

A Trip To The Hardware Store

Five paintings are going in to the local gallery tomorrow, and I needed to pick up some hanging hardware for three of them, plus run another errand. So that took up the morning. It always irks me when I have to leave the house and take time away from painting, but I did get a lot done earlier this week, so taking a break was not too guilt-inducing. Plus, I need to see other human beings in the real world now and then.

Got back, and did two things: lightened the wall again in For Rent, and concentrated on the gauge and handle in the fire extinguisher painting.

For Rent, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
I'm still not completely satisfied with the wall color. This is going to need yet another layer. Am also in the process of extending the elements on the right side, and taking out what was a wall but not really adding anything sensible to the narrative.
 
In Case Of Emergency, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
This is looking alright to me. Of course there's a lot left to do, but so far, so good. 
 
Must go and clean up some edges on the work going out tomorrow; hope I get a chance to  do some more painting tonight.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment