Monday, August 6, 2018

Moving Along

Nothing seemed to go right today; the TV has been out all day and I've had numerous technology problems; the painting didn't go fabulously well, either, but I got some things done.

Making the water look realistic continues to be a challenge. I had thought it would be easy, but in order to make those swells and eddies I need to carefully measure out where the dividing lines are between clear water and foam. I had hoped to be finished with this one by now.

Finding A Shell, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Moved on to this painting, since I had most of the colors I needed for it already on my palette:
 
Three Women At The Corcoran, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
I'm going to have to put on a sweater and have somebody take a photo of me wearing it so I can finally get the sleeve right, on the left.
 
Then on to this little sunrise painting, using gel medium, painting medium, and a bunch of colors; practically everything on the color wheel except green. It's not looking too bad!

Morning Light, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
I think I'll go back to the cat painting tonight (it always calms me down) or maybe Brooklyn.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment