Monday, August 13, 2018

Hitting The Ground Running

No time to waste if I want to present a show of really good work. Two from this morning and early afternoon:

Closing Up, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
There's a lot more color in the darker sections in the above painting; I had to shoot it with its back to the window in order to keep the glare down on the wet parts. But ultimately, those areas will go darker anyway. Once the mural is sketched in, it'll have more interest.

Last night I spent almost an hour looking back and forth from this piece to its reference photo. It needs a lot of adjustment here and there, but I have a better understanding of how the light and color work. Today I added some peach and blue tones to the mannequin just above the figure, and then tightened up the detail on the figure's coat.

The Gauntlet, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)


No comments:

Post a Comment