Saturday, August 11, 2018

No Fooling Around

I had planned to catch up on some of the housework today (and I still might do some vacuuming during break time) but now the priority has to be getting these paintings done in time for the show. Last night i went back to The Chair, and worked, actually, on the chair itself (many many tiny rectangles of woven rattan) and the reflections on the table top.

The Chair, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Also redrew some lines on the Chrysler building painting. This morning I attacked the perspective lines that make up the floor tiles on:
 
Waiting At Le Diplomate, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Of course, under pressure one always makes mistakes and I made several. But it seemed like a good idea to push on with it instead of putting the painting aside. Now I'm about to start on Finding A Shell. There goes Saturday...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment