Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Debris

The last tube of Permalba White didn't perform very well for me, but I decided to give it another try when I ran out. That was a mistake. The paint is grainy, and it leaves tiny bits of paint all over the place. I'm going to have to lightly sand this current layer when it dries, because the beautiful winter sky should be clear and clean.

L'Auberge Provencale, February, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

The panel I'm painting on is as smooth as smooth can be, so it's disappointing to have to go over strokes, or try to pick up tiny dots of paint with the tip of the brush or an X-Acto knife blade in places where the paint has dried. The brush I was using this morning also left tiny hairs, and of course, the presence of very fine cat hairs wafting around the room doesn't help, either. 

More disappointment: I've been going back and forth over whether or not I can live with the odd angle on the Grace painting. I don't know how I didn't see it when I was transferring the image, but she's really way more diagonally placed than vertically. I'm redoing the position of the figure, and also had to sand out a little texture on the face. 

Grace, America Series, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment