Saturday, November 3, 2018

Publicity and Paint

I'm getting a fair amount of good publicity and reviews from the art fair, so hopefully something will sell and I'll be able to buy some art supplies. I keep running out of paint! The most recent order from Dick Blick included Yellow Ochre, Azure Blue, Van Dyke Brown and Gris Froid, but last night I realized the Raw Sienna's getting kinda low, as well as the Asphaltum, two very useful colors.

Here's last night's work:

Waiting At Le Diplomate, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Le Dip continues to have problems with the measurement of the tiles, something I had thought I'd worked out from the very beginning. I finally realized that the square tiles that define the side of the doorway on the left are not on the same vertical plane as the ones surrounding the bar window; the two openings are of different heights to begin with. That's why I can't line them up. What a mess. I keep redrawing the outlines. At least the figure's working pretty well. I glazed the shadows on the apron with a little weak Viridian; there's so much light bouncing around the room from the green tiles that the whites are picking up some green.

On to the Wigs:

Wigs And Shades, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

 All of yesterday's work was on the blonde face, around the nose and mouth. Added a little trim marks to the glasses, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment