Monday, November 12, 2018

Organization

It seems like I've spent the last two days loafing, but in reality I not only did a huge amount of work restructuring the space and the contents of the craft room to accommodate a new easel, but also I put in several hours on Ancestry.com and trying to retrieve about 120 missing photo files from a trip to the west coast in 2015. The latter task was a failure; I must have deleted those files a couple of years ago.

In any case, back to painting today.

Blue Vase With Irises, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
For some reason, I think of Van Gogh when I look at this. Did he do a painting with a blue vase and a yellow background? I'll have to check. I went with the yellow because it's such a beautiful, sunny color (Williamsburg Brilliant Yellow Pale) and I wanted it to contrast with the blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment