Saturday, November 24, 2018

Post-Thanksgiving

It's been a crazy week; I spent the entire day on Wednesday catching up on all of the housework that I've ignored for the last month. Needless to say, there was a lot of work to do and I was exhausted by the end of the day.

On Thursday we made up for it by visiting some of our best friends and sharing Thanksgiving dinner with them. They were in the mood to pamper us, and I feel totally indulged and spoiled. Hubby had spent Wednesday crafting a glorious apple pie, which was the fine finale to a delicious dinner.


Following a good long nap for everyone, we headed off to the movie theater to see "Bohemian Rhapsody," which was quite the trip— completely engrossing and very intense. What a performance by Rami Malek!

Friday I stopped off at The Green Phoenix II to see if anything had sold (no), and dropped off two newly finished pieces. While I was chatting with the store owner, a man came in and admired "Angelo's," which was hanging on the wall behind the sales desk; he decided on the spot to buy it! Of course I am thrilled. It's a fine painting and deserves a good home.

Angelo's, oil on linen, 18" x 24" 
 Following that, we came home and decompressed; today, though, I got back into harness and worked in the new setup.

This is the drafting table, where I'm going to do some watercolors and line drawings.

Added about an inch more to this pastel in order to make it fit the standard size mat I have for it; it had been hanging in the Phoenix but a customer knocked it off the shelf and as a result the glass broke and the custom-cut mat was ruined! Of course, it had to be the only one in the series with a custom-cut mat.

Northern Skies #1, pastel
Today's work:
Waiting At Le Diplomate, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

L'Auberge Provencale, February, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Coming Of Age In The Year 2018, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
Only incremental changes on this last one, I'm afraid.







No comments:

Post a Comment