Friday, November 2, 2018

Field Trip

The Superfine! DC art fair is currently open at the DC Union Market, a place similar to Boston's Quincy Market, except with a spacious upstairs floor where all of the art is being shown. I'm in the Susan Calloway Fine Art space, booth #37. Here's a shot; three of my pieces are on the side wall.

Superfine! DC, Union Market, 1309 5th Street, Washington DC 20002

Spending a few hours out of the house yesterday meant no painting; when I got home I just wanted to collapse. But I was able to take some photos of potential America series models both on the way to and at the fair, so the day was doubly productive, just not in terms of actual work.

Today I worked on Craig, who looks very, very well; so happy with the way this piece is developing.


Craig, America Series, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Unfortunately, I can't say the same thing for the one below. I thought the ceiling should be more neutral, so started out the painting session doing that, but then I lost confidence in the decision. I wiped out some parts, repainted the back walls and the air ducts, and still was discouraged. Sometimes I think I should just give up on it. 

A Quiet Evening In Cambridge, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
So I put it aside for a while, and then when I went back to look at it, it seemed fine! 


No comments:

Post a Comment