Thursday, April 25, 2019

Farm Work

I am starting to wonder if the slide of the line of cows coming home is a figment of my imagination. Maybe I never took that image; maybe I just see it so clearly in my mind's eye that I think I pressed the shutter on the camera. I've gone through nearly every possible box of old slides in the closet and I just can't find it, or anything remotely picturing the terrain in which I saw the cows.

I went online to find some reference pictures of cows coming home and am trying to piece together my own memory and the structure of their bodies as seen in various reference pics. There are a few ghostly images in the work below, but I'm painting them back because they're too large.

A Farm At Dusk, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Also: that sky needs to be darkened considerably on the left side.

No comments:

Post a Comment