Thursday, April 25, 2019

Some More

An interruption earlier in the day threw me off track for a few hours, but I really wanted to get back and darken that corner of the sky in the farm painting. If I had had my wits about me, though, I would have worked the little bits of clouds into the wet sky so they looked like they fit in. Next time. That corner may need to go darker, anyway.

A Farm At Dusk, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
In case I didn't mention it, there are several paintings lying around that have elements I want to change slightly. I felt rushed getting them ready for the last show, and every time I look at them they bother me. So I'm reworking the parts that are unsatisfactory. The shirt on the lone waiter and the highlights from the lighting apparatus in the painting below are better now.

Closing Up, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
 I still want to make the red lanterns truly glow.

Last but not least— when we went to lunch with friends last week, we ordered a hot fudge sundae for dessert-to-share, with the idea that it could be part of the Guilty Pleasures series. Not only was the sundae beautiful on its own, it came with a side of chocolate sauce in a pouring container. So I have two wonderful images to work with, one with the server and one with the sauce drizzled over the ice cream.
 
Today the new panels arrived from Jerry's Artarama, so I got started a little while ago on the pencil drawing of the sundae. It has a waffle cone!
 

Hot Fudge Sundae II, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment