Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Repainting, and Winging It

I hate to have to repaint a piece that I had previously considered finished, but now find myself redoing parts of 2-3 works.

Here's the first one, Selfies. Selfies REALLY needed the changes I'm making— taking out the distracting horizontal window frame that obscures the face in the center. I don't know why it didn't occur to me earlier. Anyway, now I'm having to put in visual information that I don't have reference for, and that is not easy.

Selfies, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Next: I still can't seem to get the feet of the dancer in the upper right-hand corner right; now I think it looks too obvious after redrawing the shoe and lightening the color a bit. And should I put a reflection of her leg on the dance floor? 

Everyone Is On The Dance Floor, detail, © 2018(click on   for larger view)
 
Tuesday, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
I might get back to this one a little later today, am taking a break right now. Worked a bit on the right side of the light tower.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment