Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Technology Is Driving Me Crazy

Over the last two days, I've spent multiple hours trying to fix a problem that's been bugging me for months: my printer has stopped connecting wirelessly to my laptop, and the only way I can get it to print is by hooking it up with the cable, which is not the most efficient way to get things done. The printer is in the studio, and most of the work I do that I send to the printer is elsewhere. I know; first world problems; yes, I feel spoiled and should count my lucky stars that I have a printer and laptop. I will stop now. But I hate how all of this foo cuts into painting time.

I did manage to get some work done. Here's the little bar interior:

Tuesday, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
There are some problems with the light tower: I'm brushing a transparent yellow over the white ground, but the brush does not hold a point, so the edges are sloppy. It would be better if I could just place them accurately and not have to worry about painting over them with white.

Also: yet another knowledgeable person has offhandedly referred to my work as photorealist. So now I am confused. It's like the time I found out my grandfather was actually Italian, not French. Am I a photorealist? I looked up the definition and it sort of fits... So, with these little dessert and coffee paintings, I'm going to push it to the max. Photorealism it will be! And I'll use the big, painted-over canvases for the Impressionist landscapes!

Two Spoons, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment