Friday, March 26, 2021

And So It Begins

With the second dose of the vaccine in my arm (as of 3 weeks ago) and the arrival of Spring, things are changing fast. Tomorrow I will actually leave my house and visit my friend at her art gallery. It'll be the first time we've seen each other since January of 2020. And today is so spectacularly beautiful that I had to put the brushes down and go outside. The daffodils have burst into a kind of firestorm of yellow and orange, and the star magnolia's in bloom.

What work i did do today is almost invisible: I confined myself to the architectural elements and the curtains on the Mulberry Street piece, so it looks like nothing was done. And the rug in Baby doesn't look any closer to being finished. It'll be a battle between yard work and painting from here on in.


     Untitled Mulberry Street Piece,  © 2021, work in progress (click on image for larger view)         


     Baby Needs Shoes,  © 2021, work in progress (click on image for larger view)         

 

No comments:

Post a Comment