Wednesday, March 3, 2021

The Terror Of Tuesday

 This painting has been on the back burner for months now. I got just so far with it, and then hit an obstacle: my terror of painting in the faint, straight lines on the ceiling. The ceiling's in pretty good shape, but one false move with the brush and I'll have to repaint it. I've considered using a ruling pen against a straight edge, but getting the correct consistency of paint into the ruling pen's nib and drawing an extended line seem challenging.

I wonder if the lines are necessary, anyway; but not doing them seems like a cop-out. So today I worked on the otherwise lifeless coat hanging on the chair, and the chairs themselves.

                       Tuesday,  © 2021, work in progress (click on image for larger view)  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment