Monday, August 8, 2022

A Productive Start To The Week

 Despite the fact that I needed an afternoon nap, following which I finished off reading the novel I bought two days ago, I managed to get some decent work done on four paintings. So I feel (temporarily) virtuous.

I started with Annuals, adding more color in places here and there and trying to get a handle on the structure of the wooden overhang:


                                                                 Annuals, © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)                   

Next, I moved on to the beginning block-in of the background for a new piece:


                                                                 A Rainy Night In Alexandria, © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)                   

I know it doesn't look like much, but it takes some time to measure and place the points. 

Then I decided, after trying to get a pattern established on the tablecloth, to just paint it over with blue. I'm going to go much lighter on the blue next time around. I also worked on the window view and finally! got some structure going on the roses themselves.


                                                                 Rose Bouquet, © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)                   

And I dabbed a lot of new color on:


                                                                  The Pond In The Woods, © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)                 

No comments:

Post a Comment