Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Another Little Interior

I've had this image on my to-do list for years now; it's a coffee shop I visited downstate maybe 13 years ago...  I liked the subtle changes in the wall colors, and the solitary figure (though there are actually three other people in the original photo). I'm trying very hard to keep the first layers of color thin and flat so I don't have to end up fighting against raised brush strokes somewhere down the line.

                                                                  Starbucks (Homage To Hopper), © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)                 

The title is a sly comment on the fact that people keep telling me that my work reminds them of Edward Hopper's. If I hear it one more time I will scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment