Monday, August 22, 2022

More Green, and Some Complementaries

 I used the last of the palette on this vineyard painting. In the reference photo, there's some unattractive dead grass and open earth patches; I'm ambivalent about showing them or having a more idealized image.

                                                                  Cana Vineyards, © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)                  

Then I switched over to the woman waiting in the restaurant. This one has a strong terra cotta background, which I think I should tone down. But not too much, because I decided to play off all of that warmth on the walls with the color of her dress; in the original photo, she's wearing black, but I thought, why not a dazzling deep blue-green?


                                                                  A Rainy Night In Alexandria, © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)                   

No comments:

Post a Comment