Wednesday, August 31, 2022

More Colorful Water

 I've been avoiding this painting for weeks. It needed me to just sit down (or in this case, stand still) for a considerable amount of time in order to add a transparent glaze of turquoise over the otherwise undistinguished brown water. So today I finally took up the challenge, loaded my brush, and got to it. Fortunately, it worked out: the dullness has been banished and the water looks deeper, richer.

There's still a lot more to do with the surface of the water and some greenery on the lower part, but I begin to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

 


                                                                   Resting Place, © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)                   

No comments:

Post a Comment