Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A Painting Blitz

The brushes (which I have been treating terribly lately) are soaking in a jar of cleaner while I take a break. Last night and today I put in some good painting time on a number of things. There is a very slow but steady march to the finish line.

Evening Star CafĂ©, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
The left side interior, I think, is nearly done. There's a little touch-up work, and I have to integrate the pattern on the back wall (as seen through the door) with the back wall on the left and right sides. It's the super-tedious work at the very end of a painting that makes it go so slowly: I just avoid doing it until guilt sets in. There's more to do in the right side window, but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel on this one. Or have I said that before?

The Gauntlet, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
I'm trying to make the face look more realistic. Also sketched in a lot of the detail in the window.
  Selfies, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)  
Back to this one again; I really want to see it get further along. That ceiling area is tricky, because there are a lot of reflections on it from the building and the tree across the street.

 The Chair, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view) 
More flesh tone angst. I'm not sure about the drawing on the face of the blonde girl on the right. Eyes too close together? Hairline too high? Head shape incorrect?




No comments:

Post a Comment