Monday, April 23, 2018

Digging Out Of A Hole

I'm kinda despondent today as the result of something said about my work over the weekend. It's hard for any artist to feel their work is lacking in some respect, and I'm no different. I thought about just packing it in for a while, and maybe I will do that. But I worked on a couple of pieces this morning before just giving in to a sense of inadequacy.

Most of what I did was refinement on the flowery dress, and the top of the building (where it's grey).

The Gauntlet, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
Then for reasons I don't understand I pulled out a painting, a very large one, that I started back in the late 90s and lost track of when my full-time job duties started to become overwhelming. I can't find the proper reference photos for the positions of the hands, so will probably have to re-stage and re-shoot them; in the meantime, I'm trying to replicate the palette and I can see right away that the fingers are TOO SMALL.

I Don't Know How You Do It, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)


No comments:

Post a Comment