Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Distractions

There's always something pulling me away from the easel. It seems like my entire life I've had to scrap and fight for every minute of painting time. Today I had to drop everything in order to pick up a painting from a show, and then later to pick up bird seed so the birds won't go hungry in the morning. It's hard to get back into the zone once I get home, but I got some work done, anyway.

 The Chair, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)  

I've been avoiding The Chair for a while, but today I wanted to clean up a few places that were bothering me and also deepen the shadow areas on the faces. The actual chair is going to be a challenge, what with all those little bits of weave.

Moved along on Brooklyn: right now I think it would be wise to work from the top down (this could of course change at a whim), mostly concentrated on the church steeple.

When I Woke Up I Was In Brooklyn, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)  

And though this looks like absolutely nothing so far, I did make progress on the sky. I'll have to go over it one more time to even out that sharp dividing line between the blue and the lighter sky areas.

  Chrysler Building, Dusk, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)  





No comments:

Post a Comment