Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Technology Weirdness

For some unknown reason, my iPhone photos have started popping up in Photos again, making it easy for me to place them here. This whole episode has been hard to understand, as a couple of days ago I completely removed a 64GB folder from my laptop (AND emptied the trash) in anticipation of its freeing up space on my hard drive, but nothing happened. Today I suddenly have 8GB of free space, unlike the 332MB I had last night. Who can figure?

Anyway— down in the basement studio I got a few things done today:

The Gauntlet, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
I'm working on that large space below the window and trying to get the color, value, and architectural lines right. Some of it has a marbly look in the photo, so I'll have to deal with that texture later on.
Keep Out, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

  Chrysler Building, Dusk, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   

The building itself is almost obscured now by the sky, which went surprisingly quickly this morning. It necessitated the use of several very large brushes, which are a pain to clean, but it looks pretty good. We'll see how it looks once it's dry.



No comments:

Post a Comment