Monday, April 30, 2018

I Still Don't Feel Like Painting

I'm still feeling discouraged, but hey, it's time to suck it up and get working. So I'm trying a little self-indulgence, just painting parts of pieces that I really do feel like working on, like the faces in For Rent and The Gauntlet. I've complained many a time about my deficiencies when it comes to painting skin tones, but the two pieces I worked on this morning actually turned out rather well. So it's an up-and-down time lately.

Here is the young couple reading the newspaper ads in For Rent:

Detail From For Rent, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
And the young woman striding down the street in The Gauntlet:
Detail From The Gauntlet, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
It also seemed like it wouldn't take much energy to fill in the blank areas on the Chrysler Building painting, so I did some of that, carefully avoiding painting over that delicately graduated sky:
Chrysler Building, Dusk, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
And I improvised the structure of the bull's body using a lot of old reference material from various internet sources:
Keep Out, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
Taking a lunch break now, planning to do more later.


No comments:

Post a Comment