Sunday, June 28, 2020

Finishing, and Some Fun With The Palette Knife

After a two day break from painting, I got to work and finished two pieces:

Contra Costa Marshland #4, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
The marshland painting finishes up the Contra Costa series, so that's one set I can check off my list.
 
L'Auberge Provençale, February, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
I repainted the rabbit on the porch twice; am not 100% sure about it, so will wait a few days to decide. But otherwise, the painting's done.
 
Moving on; I played with the palette knife, trying to get the feel of it.Some angles are better than others, and it seems you have to collect the paint on the underside of the knife to apply it.

Untitled, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
And last, I evened out the sky, but it did obscure the tree branches, so I'll have to plot them out again.
 
Tidal Basin, Postcards Series #15, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment