Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Two Hot Fudge Sundaes and Some Hope

Today I worked on the two hot fudge sundae desserts. I have to admit I am having a tough time with the whipped cream; the ambient lighting in the restaurant produced a peachy glow on one side, and a bluish one on the other. I can't seem to figure out how the shadow areas work to produce form. Add to this my predisposition to using the white paint in a sculptural way and you end up with a mess. Nonetheless, I did put in some time on both of these (though work on the second one was only on the spoon).

Hot Fudge Sundae I, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 

 


Hot Fudge Sundae II, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Meanwhile: in these days of pandemic and political unrest it seems wrong not to comment on the situation. I am of course appalled and sickened by the murder of George Floyd. I have been following the news closely, and the reports of non-violent American citizens being attacked, tear gassed, and arrested as they practice their first amendment rights to assemble have made me depressed and angry. So when I see the large supporting protests in the Netherlands and France, it gives me hope that the good people of the world will overcome racism, bigotry, and fascism.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment