Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Behind

 I lie in bed most nights thinking about all the possibilities, and as a result sometimes don't get to sleep until the wee hours. Then I sleep late in the morning to try to make up for it; I've read recently that one's brain needs seven hours of sleep at night to rest and regenerate. So inevitably I get started late in the studio, and this book I'm reading, Ninth Street Women, just adds to the amount of time taken away from the easel.

Yesterday I was supposed to work on the painting below after a break, but I got sucked back into the book and spent the late afternoon reading. So I picked up on it today, but it's already 2:20 in the afternoon and now I need a cup of coffee. It's progressing nicely, though, much better that in the past few months. I'm starting to make visual sense out of the leafy areas.


                                             Somerville Roses, © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)                     

I will have to wait for another week or two for the leaves to come out on the tree branches around the house so I can use the information to paint the shadows on the Somerville house more realistically.


No comments:

Post a Comment