Thursday, April 7, 2022

Gloom

If we don't get a break in the weather soon, I don't know what will happen. It's another wet, cool day and it feels like Death out there instead of the renewal of life in Spring. Sorry to be so dismal, but it really affects me.

Somehow I've been able to work. There were a few moments of panic when I couldn't find my tube of Manganese Blue, a really strong azure color that I can always rely upon for water and sky; eventually I found a brand new tube in a hidden box so all was well. Have been working on the tall skinny land/waterscape:


 
                                          Resting Place, © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)                  

and you can see the thin layer of Manganese/Yellow Ochre or maybe Raw Sienna about one third of the way down. I still need to bring more of it into the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment