Tuesday, April 12, 2022

More Roses and The Lake

 I had to make some adjustments to the color today to bring it more in line with the transcendental color in the original photo, and strangely enough that involved using a pastel the color of brick over the deep blue areas.  I'm finding the pastel pieces enormously difficult to work with, as you can never really tell where the point is. So drawing is kind of hard to control.


                                       Mirror Lake, © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)                  

And since I already had the Nickel Titanate Yellow on my palette, I re-worked some of the dappled shadows on the house.

                                       Somerville Roses, © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)                 

No comments:

Post a Comment