Monday, April 4, 2022

Three For A Monday

I like to try to do some honest work on three pieces each day of the painting week (that is, Monday through Friday); sometimes I end up doing more, sometimes less. Here's today's work:


                                             Daily Bread, © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)                      

 I keep wanting to fill in that upper right hand corner but in truth it's mostly white up there anyway. I started detailing the water glasses on the table, always a fun thing to paint, and added some more color to the breads and baskets.

Next: This has a lot of glare on it, so I may have to re-shoot. I'm trying to pay homage to Charles Warren Eaton's Snowy Landscape At Dusk while using my own reference photos, but the master is way ahead of me with more detail in the trees and a fully believable atmosphere.

                                            Pine Trees In Snow, © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)                     

And finally, the pastel. It looks a little raw here (I've been reading Ninth Street Women and thought i should get more expressive with the strokes) but it's better in person:

                                          Mirror Lake, © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)                     

No comments:

Post a Comment