Wednesday, April 26, 2017

One Down, Thirteen To Go

If I want to get all of these paintings finished by the third week in May, I have to get to it. This morning I  reworked those three areas on Conversation that I've mentioned in an earlier post, and though I am already beginning to think I could improve them even more, it's time to move on. Conversation is in a good place now, and if I really want to, and have the time before the show, I can come back to it.

Conversation, © 2017, (click on image for larger view)

Then I moved on to this one: finally sketched in the images in the mirror (my own head, and the camera with which I'm taking the reference photo, plus the painting "Shadow Study" on the opposite wall), then put in the plate of lemons in the foreground and worked a bit on the pearl necklace. There's still some work to be done, but at least I'm withing hailing distance of finishing.


Reception From 5-9, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment