Monday, April 24, 2017

Scary Little Letters

I've been avoiding the issue of painting the tiny little letters on the Rita's sign, partly because that Blue Black background is drying v-e-r-y slowly, but mostly because I'm terrified of screwing it up. However, the date for the show is looming, so this morning I just went for it, measuring out the x-height of the letterforms and drawing in 5mm-spaced guidelines. It seems to have worked out okay so far, I need to go back in again after the letters dry and sharpen them up.

Rita's, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Meanwhile, one of those assertive mixing cups on the counter had to come out:

Bartending, Mt. Washington, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

And, I got a bit further on this one this morning:

Fashion Forward, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Now, time for a break.





No comments:

Post a Comment