Friday, June 23, 2017

Black and Blue

I had every intention of working on the background of The Chair this morning, but it was still ever so slightly tacky, so I had to abandon that idea. Went back to Stockton Street instead, mainly working on areas that were either blue or black. The blue banner above the crowd has a ribbed-reinforced type of texture to it, so at first I carefully painted that in, starting from the left side, but it wasn't serving the overall picture very well, so I took it out. There's enough going on there as it is.

Stockton Street, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Painted some of the crowd details, too; I'm looking forward to doing the bunches of hanging bananas.

Last night I kept working on Evening Star.

Evening Star Café, © 2017, work in progress





No comments:

Post a Comment