Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Old Work And New

Months ago, I thought the two little Contra Costa works on paper would only take "a couple of weeks," haha. Then the need arose to concentrate on the pieces for the show, so they got put on the back burner. I went back to one of them today, after having spent the last two months staring at it across the room and trying to figure out what was wrong with it. Here's the new iteration:

Contra Costa Marshland, #2, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Here's what it used to look like:

I changed a lot. The sky, first of all; also I closed up that very horizontal canal, which has always bothered me. Added a few trees and modified a couple of existing ones. Will continue to tinker with it.

I got back to the America series! Though this really doesn't look like Veronica (yet)—

Veronica, © 2017, (America series) work in progress (click on image for larger view)

And on this one, I figured that the best way to prepare it for the background painting would be to define the edges that need to be cut around to accommodate the mask. Sorry for the bluish cast, I made the photo at the end of the day under an open sky.

Equilibrium, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

AND I penciled in the outside lines on In Case Of Emergency.... Can't wait to get a little further on this one so I can show you what it looks like! All in all, it was a very productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment